Hava Nagila

I am a Persian (Iranian) and unlike what's being propagandized regarding the whole Iranian nation, have NO problems at all with Israelis nor Jewish people and Hava Nagila is a favorite Hebrew song of mine. So Let's Rejoice and dance :-)

Transliteration Hebrew Text English Translation
Hava nagila הבה נגילה Let's rejoice
Hava nagila הבה נגילה Let's rejoice
Hava nagila venis'mecha הבה נגילה ונשמחה Let's rejoice and be happy

(repeat stanza once)
Hava neranenah הבה נרננה Let's sing
Hava neranenah הבה נרננה Let's sing
Hava neranenah venis'mecha הבה נרננה ונשמחה Let's sing and be happy

(repeat stanza once)
Uru, uru achim! !עורו, עורו אחים Awake, awake, brothers!
Uru achim b'lev sameach עורו אחים בלב שמח Awake brothers with a happy heart

(repeat line three times)
Uru achim, uru achim! !עורו אחים, עורו אחים Awake, brothers, awake, brothers!
B'lev sameach בלב שמח With a happy heart

2 comments:

Einhornin said...

I remember some fellow school mates of mine trying to learn this song back in 1998 in Tehran.
(None of them were Jews!)

Unknown said...

Awe, the second I saw the title of this song, I knew what it was! My high school choir sang it, and it was always one of my favorites! Thanks for posting this, I'd forgotten most of the lyrics, but now I can sing them again! :D